Thursday, April 2, 2009

Mark Trail Rides Again!

Originally posted 1/23/03


This week's 'Tune was delayed due to the need to for prerecording at the Pasadena Old Folks Home For Annoying Radio Personalities.

"Hello everybody. This is Casey Casum. I'm glad you could join us on Casey's Countdo... er... the Tuesday Tune? What the hell is a Tuesday Tune? What? Speak Up! Wha...?

---- silence ------

"Well, we're back. This is Casey, and thanks for sticking with us. This week we have a special Long Distance Dedication.

A young woman from the Lost Forest writes:"
Dear Casey,
The last few days have been difficult for me. In our normally idyllic lives, jealousy and anger can still rise up, and I've seen, first hand, how fragile love can be. I am a married woman, you see. My husband, Tom, is a strong and capable provider... but I don't love him. It isn't easy for me to admit... but recent events have shown me just how suddenly the wheel of life can turn. I must follow the dictates of my heart. I sit here in tears, separated from my true love, a soft and gentle being, the complete opposite of Tom... my Sweetie Pie. He isn't that far away... only a few acres and a wire pen separate us... but it seems like an infinite expanse. Still, I want him to know how much I care... and Rusty has promised to set the old Victrola in the yard for him to listen to. Please Casey... if you could find it in your heart... I'd love for you to play our song for us. I want Sweetie to know that I'm thinking of him.

Yours in pink,
Judy


"Well Judy... this Long Distance Dedication is for you, and your terrible love triangle tragedy. I hope you're listening, Sweetie Pie... or should I say... Maurice?"



1 comment:

  1. The joke behind this particular Tuesday Tune is nearly impossible to explain to anyone who wasn't involved... but needless to say it was pure comedic genius!

    Still brings a smile to my face oh so many years later. Thanks Greg!

    ReplyDelete