Monday, April 20, 2009

A Cameo In The Rushes

Originally posted 3/25/03


Based on the movie question that has been circulating in email I thought I’d continue the theme in the Tuesday Tune. This week, we have a song from ’91… from another artist who’s promising career was brought to a screeching halt by Nirvana, Pearl Jam and the grunge "alternative rock" movement that exploded in ’92.

Born Wesley Harding Stace, John Wesley Harding is a Brit folk rock artist with some serious shoes to fill. (One guess where his name comes from.) For the movie theme part of this deal I chose Wes, as he’s called by people other than me, because he certainly had a penchant for movie themed references. His first album was It Happened One Night… his second was Here Comes The Groom… and his third, from which I’m selecting today’s song, was The Name Above The Title. (Three more guesses as to the link between all these.)

While Name isn’t the greatest album in the world it really hooked me at the time, and it was the soundtrack for the summer of that year. Today’s selection is a little too obvious for this theme, but hey... "The Movie Of Your Life."



No comments:

Post a Comment