Thursday, April 2, 2009

I Beg To Differ...

Originally posted 1/17/2003


Ok... busy, busy week... but I have a moment and thought I'd send this out. Having had a number of suggestions for possible "tunes" I'm taking them in order.

A.S. once said she would like to hear anything by David Gray. As his White Ladder album became so ubiquitous as to need no further dissemination, I thought I'd wait for his new work. Unfortunately, having listened to A New Day At Midnight I was saddened to find it... well... blah. Nothing original, music serviceable at best... lyrics rather tired. In the words of Kevin Kline's Otto "DISAPPOINTED!"

So I went back in time, instead. From 1996's release Sell,Sell,Sell I picked my favorite song. This was prior to any big breakthrough by Gray, being before he toured with and was promoted by Dave Matthews. It is a touch harder and edgier than the work that made him famous, but I really like this album and this song.

This is the title track. Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment