Monday, March 9, 2009

All That Is Old Is New Again

This blog is being created for a specific purpose... to house the Tuesday Tune.

The Tuesday Tune began as a weekly (mostly) e-mail I sent around at work where I shared an anecdote and some information about a band I liked, either current or past, and then I attached an MP3 or such of the song I most liked. I did this for nearly seven years at my job, until I was just laid off a couple of weeks ago.

It occurred to me that I could continue the tradition on a blog such as this... and then provide the link to those previously on the mailing list to see if they'd enjoy reading this.

I'm starting this blog by posting every song I'd sent out in the past 6 plus years, in chronological order, with the tune embeded. I have every e-mail I ever sent out but the first, so I'll copy them verbatim with the date they first appeared.

---

The first song I ever sent out was by the Tragically Hip. I can't remember what I wrote about it at the time, other than it was the inaugural e-mail and I really liked (and still do) this song.

From their 1996 album (yes, I call them albums... deal with it) Trouble At The Henhouse this is the Tragically Hip with "Ahead By a Century."




No comments:

Post a Comment