Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Eating Red Cake With a Red Spoon

Originally sent 9/3/02

---

Cowboy Mouth is simply a fun band. Hailing from New Orleans, this group is reputed to be the single best Live show you will ever see. After seeing The Who last week, I'd have to doubt that... but I've never seen Cowboy Mouth in concert... so who knows. Unfortunately, I'm a recent convert and their latest tour doesn't cross north of the Mason/Dixon line as far as I can tell... so it may be a while before I get a chance to see 'em.

They've released 8 albums and EPs, at least three of them live albums, since 1992. "Jenny Says" was their one break through single, from Are You With Me? in '96. Fronted by their drummer, Fred LeBlanc, their latest release from the studio, Easy, is raucous, simple and just a good time. I get a big kick out of this song.



No comments:

Post a Comment