Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Luckiest In Luckydom

Originally sent 11/19/02

---

Since I've been so busy, I thought that this week, I'd let the computer choose today's selection. See, I have close to 500 mp3 files on my hard drive, and when I listen to them, I put the player on shuffle, and let the computer select them "randomly."

But they don't seem all that random. I have something like 50 some songs that have never been played by the computer... while at the same time, I have a couple songs that have been played 10 or 11 times. The bell curve is around 2 for the selections, but clearly my computer likes certain songs better than others.

True, it could be explained by statistics or chaos theory or a poorly designed algorhythm... but I prefer to anthropomorphize the circuit board.

It has a current taste in pop music. The two most listened to songs are Pete Yorn's "Life On A Chain" from musicforthemorningafter at 10 plays, and "Lucky One" by Michael Penn, from MP4. Both albums from the past year or so.

Here is "Lucky One" by the musical Penn brother and husband of Aimee Mann.

Personally, I'm kinda sick of this song. heh.



No comments:

Post a Comment